4 replies to this topic

#1 matty86

matty86

Orientation

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Year: 1986

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:18 AM

heys whats up just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on what size carb would be best with my set up. i have a 350ci 2.02heads and a choppy cam. the guy that had the motor before me had a holly 750 on it before i bought the motor from him. when i put it in my car with a different holly 750 it runs really rich no matter how i adjust it. i've been doing a lot of reading on carbs and found on a corvette site that a 600 cfm carb allow less gas and air in my engine therefore not choking it out. i have a holly 600 but i have to get it rebuilt so i just wanted to know if anyone had similair problems or opinions. thanks.

#2 9T8W66

9T8W66

Master Technician

• Members
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars both Early and Modern Esp. Pontiac's
  • Year: 1998
  • Make:Pontiac
  • Model: Formula
  • Engine:LS1
  • Transmission:6spd Manual
  • Modifications:
    Debaffled Factory Ram Air Hood, FRA, EGR and Cags Delete Free Mods, SLP Air lid and Manual Fan Switch, Hardened Pushrods, LS9 Twin Disc Clutch, Hurst Billet Plus Shifter w/ Lous' SS, Motive 3.90's, Mufflex 3.5" Catback, UMI STB and Adj PHB, Strano Springs & 35/22 Swaybars, Koni SA shocks, Polyurethane Motor and Trans mounts, ATE Premium One Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads.
    Appearence
    AZA Z2's 18x9.5, Nitto Invo tires 275/35/18, Bright Silver Formula overlays PONTIAC fill in and checkered Blackbird Stripes.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

Unless your buzzing the engine to above 7000 rpm a 600-650 cfm Carb should be good.

If you're useing a vaccumn secondary carb try looking into a heavier spring for the secondary diaphram. This slows the secondaries opening rate and will help eliminate fuel from being dumped in. It also help the engine build more torque.

Edited by 9T8W66, 17 June 2009 - 01:36 AM.

CRAIG
Semi Retired Street Racer

NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp

1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

#3 Tyler

Tyler

Master Technician

• Global Staff
  • 9,590 posts
  • Interests:Anything Firebird or Pontiac.Dirtbike riding.Good music.
  • Year: 1997
  • Engine:Original LT1
  • Transmission:6 speed manual
  • Modifications:
    Look at my signature please.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

There may be something wrong with the previous 750 to. Or it's jetted to rich.
Tyler
97 Formula-6M,1.6RR,52mmTB,SLP dual cat headers,CAI,Mac cat-back,LCA's,PHR,& Nitto DR'S & 3:73 gears.Also port matched heads & intake. Best run so far-13.484 @ 102.784 mph. No run yet since cam installed.

Good....bad....I'm the guy with the gun.

Shop smart,shop S Mart!

#4 matty86

matty86

Orientation

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Year: 1986

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

yeah i've been told that i might need to jet the 750 down but i don't really see the need for all that carb. i mean if i can use the 600 than it should save me some gas and run just as good....do they make kits that have the different springs for the vacumm secondary diaphram?

#5 Tyler

Tyler

Master Technician

• Global Staff
  • 9,590 posts
  • Interests:Anything Firebird or Pontiac.Dirtbike riding.Good music.
  • Year: 1997
  • Engine:Original LT1
  • Transmission:6 speed manual
  • Modifications:
    Look at my signature please.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

Holley sells every piece so you can tune their carbs.
Tyler
97 Formula-6M,1.6RR,52mmTB,SLP dual cat headers,CAI,Mac cat-back,LCA's,PHR,& Nitto DR'S & 3:73 gears.Also port matched heads & intake. Best run so far-13.484 @ 102.784 mph. No run yet since cam installed.

Good....bad....I'm the guy with the gun.

Shop smart,shop S Mart!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users